New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sambrutay
Advanced Member

United States
271 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2016 :  09:52:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, Anyone else having troubles with the front passenger door leaf cracking in the corner? Cowl panel paint peeling? Hoods cracking at cross view mirror mounts? Pictures to follow.

wrenchsnapper

27 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2016 :  11:23:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit wrenchsnapper's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Our C2 service doors are rotting out and cracking at the door seal groove so they are all getting replaced. Had they anodized the inside of the groove like the outside of the door they would most likely last the life of the bus.
Go to Top of Page

ICBUS07-30

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2016 :  1:00:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sambrutay

Ok, Anyone else having troubles with the front passenger door leaf cracking in the corner? Cowl panel paint peeling? Hoods cracking at cross view mirror mounts? Pictures to follow.

From our Thomas dealer I quote "we are the only district with hoods cracking" We have problems with hoods and paint also have to replace the cross view mirror heads every month.

Formally ICBUS0730
Go to Top of Page

sambrutay
Advanced Member

United States
271 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2016 :  03:20:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

[/quote]
From our Thomas dealer I quote "we are the only district with hoods cracking" We have problems with hoods and paint also have to replace the cross view mirror heads every month.
[/quote]

Laughable!
here are some pictures
hood cracks

Cowl paint peeling

Door Cracks

Battery door trim

Bruce
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2016 :  04:05:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have one C-2, it's a 2012 and the hood has cracked just like that. Freightline part number for a new still bracket is 06-94095, my cost was $89.89.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

RBrian

United States
71 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2016 :  05:59:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit RBrian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have had many hoods doing the same as pictured and cowl paint peeling. Haven't had any door issues that we have found...yet.
Go to Top of Page

sambrutay
Advanced Member

United States
271 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2016 :  04:25:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How many of you have replaced coolant reservoirs? multiple times?

Bruce
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2016 :  05:04:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes on the coolant reservoirs.
Go to Top of Page

sambrutay
Advanced Member

United States
271 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2016 :  05:43:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by aaronwilmoth80911

Yes on the coolant reservoirs.

You having them replaced under warranty?

Bruce
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2016 :  06:14:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No. The last C2 we bought was a 2012 and it hasn't failed yet. All our others are '08s I believe. We're not a big fan of them.
Go to Top of Page

baptistbusman1

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2016 :  2:31:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most of the hoods cracking are on our 2012 95th anniversary edition buses. The cowl paint peeling has happened to our entire fleet. Also, all 5 our our 2012's have had defective brake pads, the just fall apart. We are starting to have a problem with rear ends going out, 5 in the last 2 years. Coolant tanks leaking, radiators leaking, battery tray rails wearing out, and you know what? Every time we call the dealer, "you guys are the only one having that issue."

I was formally Baptistbusman. However, I lost my password, and had not updated my email address.

Here is a link to my old posts. http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/forum/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=1846
Go to Top of Page

sambrutay
Advanced Member

United States
271 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2016 :  08:33:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by baptistbusman1

Most of the hoods cracking are on our 2012 95th anniversary edition buses. The cowl paint peeling has happened to our entire fleet. Also, all 5 our our 2012's have had defective brake pads, the just fall apart. We are starting to have a problem with rear ends going out, 5 in the last 2 years. Coolant tanks leaking, radiators leaking, battery tray rails wearing out, and you know what? Every time we call the dealer, "you guys are the only one having that issue."

You are not the only one. Forgot all about the Radiator issue. We have had problems with the rear-ends since 2005 when they switched to AAC brand. JUNK!
This is why I brought this up in this forum. To let every one know what's going on. We have had many meetings with folks from Thomas Bus. Guess what. They have not improved the product. I am not trying to brand bash this company, just trying to improve the product. At the moment we have 5 years worth of C2 school buses. That's 281 units. In 5 years they have not improved this product. Every problem the 2011 had the 2015 also had.

Bruce
Go to Top of Page

ICBUS07-30

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2016 :  12:40:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by baptistbusman1

I forgot about the battery trays we replaced all 8 of our 2012 and 2 2013 models last year.

Formally ICBUS0730
Go to Top of Page

buster133
Top Member

USA
512 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2016 :  3:21:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We’ve had all the above mentioned issues and more! It doesn’t look like quality is going to improve any time soon either. We just took delivery of ten brand new (built in April & May of this year) C2’s and they are something else. I’ve never seen so many paint runs or so much orange peel. You look down the side of the bus and the finish transitions from glossy to orange peel or matte finish depending on what panel of the bus you are looking at, along with a few sections of rubrail that missed being painted completely. I’ve never seen this on a C2 before.
Then there are the random missing trim pieces (reflective tape, emblems, roof hatch screws, locking fuel doors but no keys to be found and so on. I had one bus that was missing the red light over the back door. It was on the order sheet, checked off on the PDI form, yet no light, no hole for the light to be mounted and no wiring for the light.
I don’t know if they are trying to push the buses out the door too quickly or somebody was just having a bad week.

[URL=http://s7.photobucket.com/user/buster133/media/6f2e0703-1970-4ac9-bb1f-b6b9d7c12297_zps1741e113.jpg.html][/URL]
Go to Top of Page

sambrutay
Advanced Member

United States
271 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2016 :  03:34:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they are going to fix all these problems, no worries man.

Bruce
Go to Top of Page

sambrutay
Advanced Member

United States
271 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2016 :  05:46:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
anyone else?

Bruce
Go to Top of Page

sambrutay
Advanced Member

United States
271 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2016 :  05:55:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RADIATORS LEAKING
REAR DIFFERENTIALS (HOG HEADS GOING BAD AND/OR LEAKING)
WHEEL SEALS ON REAR DIFFERENTIALS LEAKING
FRONT END SHIMMY
COOLANT RESERVOIR TANKS
HOOD CRACKS AT MIRROR MOUNTS
COWL PAINT ADHESION
COOLANT LEAKS AT ALL HEATER CORES(HEATER HOSE CLAMPS LOOSE)
GRILL FASTENERS LOOSE AND THEN MISSING
MODESTY PANELS LOOSE

ADD YOUR GRIPES TO THE LIST

Bruce
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000