Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Low air pressure alarm continues.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lorensim

3 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2016 :  7:46:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit lorensim's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a 2007 Thomas C2,. Air pressure is building up and dumping normally. But the alarm/warning indicating low pressure, does not go off.

If someone could point me in the right direction to fixing this issue, I'd really appreciate it.

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2016 :  1:51:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pressure switch could be stuck or positive wire could be shorted to ground. I'd find the switch and give it a tap, see what it does. We've had it the opposite way where air pressure would be low and we'd have no alarm. The switch rotted internally. Replaced the switch and all was well.
Go to Top of Page

lorensim

3 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2016 :  2:12:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit lorensim's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your suggestion. Now I just need to locate the switch.
Go to Top of Page

lorensim

3 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2016 :  12:50:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit lorensim's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can't seem to find the switch. Can someone point me in the right direction please.
Go to Top of Page

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2016 :  8:11:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It should be on a junction block connected to the wet tank. It should be a two wire switch with one wire going straight to ground right by the switch.
Go to Top of Page

KnuckleBuster76

45 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2016 :  05:01:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sound like the switch, for sure. Should be located ON the air governor itself, screwed directly into it with just one wire connected.

"Just... I dunno... Just fix it."
Go to Top of Page

Dchandler18

5 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2016 :  4:43:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dchandler18's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Check your roof hatches. Tone sounds the same as low air buzzer.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000