Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2012 Vision defrost motor
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2016 :  05:59:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have a 2012 Vision that keeps popping the 30 amp breaker for the defrost motor. We've replaced the motor and the controls and the breaker. Anyone come across this before?? It's still under warranty, but dealing with warranty is a huge pain.

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2016 :  07:15:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Two things come to my mind: Bad ground that maybe gets hot and worse, or bad breaker even though it's new. Guy I know went through this, it was the breaker. Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2016 :  08:36:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check with your dealer. Our dealer has a couple guys, that are awesome to work with, that would probably know how to lead you to the problem.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2016 :  04:40:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Checking with dealer typically gets us nowhere. They have not enough man power as it is right now for their service and warranty department, so it usually turns into a run around anyway; they're also about 100 miles away. We do have someone local that deals with BB warranty work that we've used before, so we may just take it to him. I will do some basic checking to see if I can find a quick fix. Thanks for the input.
Go to Top of Page

mwood

45 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2016 :  06:25:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit mwood's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I do all my own warranty work in our shop unless its something cant find or do. BB will pay you to do it if you talk to them about it.
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2016 :  06:39:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mwood

I do all my own warranty work in our shop unless its something cant find or do. BB will pay you to do it if you talk to them about it.

Yep!! I guess I'm spoiled with Central States! You have to love those guys, they are hard working and really have a handle on it!

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

mwood

45 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2016 :  07:29:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit mwood's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yep i couldnt do the job without them. talk to john and kent about everyday.
quote:
Originally posted by bwest

quote:
Originally posted by mwood

Yep!! I guess I'm spoiled with Central States! You have to love those guys, they are hard working and really have a handle on it!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000