Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 IC CE headlights
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

iceracer

32 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2016 :  5:47:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit iceracer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am looking for a solution to a headlight issue I have been having over the past few years.

When a driver changes out a headlight bulb/turn signal, they sometimes forget to clean off those large covers before taking them off, which allows dirt to get into the fixture. There have also been times where the cover doesn't get put back on all the way, and then comes off, allowing even more dirt into housing. There have been times where the cover has been off for who knows how long! These assemblies are rather costly, and we just replace them.

Is there a way to clean them by taking off the lense, or flushing out successfully?

Thanks for any input on this!

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2016 :  05:44:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not 100% sure on the IC buses, but on the C2s, when we have a cover fall off, we order a new cover, pull the headlight assembly, remove all bulbs and flush it with warm water. We then use a blow gun to remove as much water as possible, then use a rag and a screwdriver to get in and clean up as much moisture as we can. Seems to work pretty well. Beats buying a whole new assembly
Go to Top of Page

iceracer

32 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2016 :  2:29:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit iceracer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks- unfortunately, being a mobile service in a rural area, with 4 schools spread over a 75 mile radius, I don't catch some of them until the PM service.

Is dust/dirt getting in them another way, not just the caps? Perhaps where the wiring harness goes in? I am getting a few with mainly dust, and sometimes moisture buildup. Either way, it gets frustrating!
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2016 :  07:56:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have mainly only seen it happen when the caps come off
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000