International bus code 353
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
802 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2016 :  10:10:02 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
A few weeks ago I was losing coolant on a 2004 DT 466 with an EGR . The engine is in a rear engine RE 300 . The bus wouldn't get up any speed so I found a stuck VGT . I replaced the turbo and EGR cooler . Bus showed no codes and we sent it out on runs . Wednesday a driver got back from morning run and said bus has no power and when he would accelerate the warning light came on. I checked for codes and got a 222 and a 353 . I haven't checked things out yet . I am hoping maybe somewhere the turbo is leaking air ? I checked and I am only getting 1.5 pounds at high idle .Could the VGT go out after a few hundred Miles ?

drp53188

89 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2016 :  10:23:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Make sure the VGT connector lock is not broken. had one with that problem after tech removed the turbo to get to a leaking egr cooler hose, it only stays for a short time after you drive it. you can get the hardshell connector from IHC.
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
802 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2016 :  1:24:27 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just checked the turbo .When I push the VGT in it just stays pushed in . I have power but the vgt won't return after it's pushed in . When I installed the turbo the spout for the charge cooler wasn't lined up right . I loosened the band and moved it to the right position .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000