07 Mercedes MBE 900
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Brad Barker
Administrator

USA
874 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2016 :  10:28:21 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Brad Barker's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have an 09 Thomas Bus with MBE900 Mercedes. Engine starts and within 5 seconds goes to high idle. High idle switch off. ABS fault lamp and Trans Check lamps illuminated. Connected DDDL 7 which reads no communication with engine ecm. Connected to Allison Doc which reads no communication and ABS the same. Also have no instrument panel rpm, oil psi, coolant temp. ICU performs sweep test on key on just fine. Disconnected batteries and checked J1939 terminating resistors. Reads 62 ohms. Pulled ECM connectors from ECM. Engine oil ran out leaving a 6" puddle.
Replaced the dual power breaker assembly inside the frame rail. Replaced corroded battery power and ground cable ends and clean power fuse connections, fuses, so forth from battery to engine. Checked power and grounds front and rear.
Any ideas?

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2016 :  08:56:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why is this a sticky?

I don't have any Mercedes, but why oil from the ECM?
Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2016 :  09:43:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why oil from the ECM? Is there a sensor integral to the ECM? Oil leak trailing a wire harness?

Is high idle possibly a fail safe or limp in feature caused by an ECM or wiring failure?

Check wiring harness near starter for shorted wiring.

Go to Top of Page

baptistbusman1

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2016 :  11:58:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Every one of our 09 MBE900's leak oil out the ECM when unplugged. These engines are the biggest pieces of junk I have ever worked on. EGR's constantly clogged shut, the intakes clogged, oil blowing out of the turbos, DPF's clogged, turbo actuators messed up......

The EPA should have to pay to keep these things running.

I was formally Baptistbusman. However, I lost my password, and had not updated my email address.

Here is a link to my old posts. http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/forum/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=1846
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000