Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 F3SN SCAN TOOL
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n2682

41 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2016 :  04:17:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit n2682's Homepage  Reply with Quote
anyone have experience with this scan tool looking for something else to use in the shop and need the cummin's software for our new bus

n2682

41 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2016 :  07:00:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit n2682's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No one ? FCAR makes it if i wasn't clear enough just for school buses.
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2016 :  08:16:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry I can't help you, I use Cummins insite for mine. It's not just a scan tool, it takes to the service manual to troubleshoot the problem. Also the insite package comes with the parts manual as well.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

n2682

41 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2016 :  10:29:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit n2682's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok that is what i was not clear on how much support was behind it thank you Ron. I have the disk for the Cummnins insite but i do not have the code to access it do you know if it will work with the nex iq or do i need a different pass through module to make it work?
Go to Top of Page

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2016 :  11:22:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i use insite on a laptop with the nexiq usb-link. works great

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

n2682

41 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2016 :  04:06:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit n2682's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So we ordered the Fcar scan tool for a back up tool in case something happened we would have one around.Do not waste your money on this product it has little to no functions for any bus i've hooked it to so far. a giant paper weight. Im going to contact them today to see if they will take it back
Go to Top of Page

sunstate1

1 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2017 :  3:10:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit sunstate1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I purchased the FCAR F3-SN and it worked perfectly. I tried it on a Blue Bird with a cummins ISB, a Thomas with a cummins ISB, and a variety of Internationals and it connected with every bus so far. It came ready to go with all of the cables. It performed all of the tests and even reset our DPF. We needed something we could afford and it was a good price. We are going to buy another. I also just did an update which was free. not exactly a paperweight.
Go to Top of Page

n2682

41 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2017 :  12:38:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit n2682's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's been awhile since i posted this originally but they replaced our scan tool and the new one does work good! its still the FCAR F3-SN
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000