Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2008 IC loading light issue
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2016 :  05:58:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have an intermittent problem with the red loading lights. The right (passenger)side quit working along with the bottom of the stop sign light. It happens during route for the driver, I can't get it to act up in the shop. The driver reported that if the bus is shut off then turned back on then the loading lights start working fine. I've pulled out all the loading lights to check for a short and found nothing. It happens at least once a day during route. Anyone encounter this before?

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2016 :  07:57:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had several with a terminal not seated in a connector above the side electrical panel. Easier to access it from inside, remove the switch panel beside the driver. You will see a row of (9 pin I think) white connectors, cant remember the exact one off hand but it is on the bottom row.
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2016 :  08:52:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by torque

I have had several with a terminal not seated in a connector above the side electrical panel. Easier to access it from inside, remove the switch panel beside the driver. You will see a row of (9 pin I think) white connectors, cant remember the exact one off hand but it is on the bottom row.

I know exactly where that connector is you're talking about. I failed to mention that, I did push those pins in on that connector.

But I'm wondering why, when the key is cycled they start working again?
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2016 :  09:17:54 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
(quote)But I'm wondering why, when the key is cycled they start working again?(quote)

If the F.E.T for that circuit, inside Body controller is tripping (because of short or High amp draw ) it will reset when you cycle key off and on.... one I had not too long ago doing same thing had an isse in H-3 bulbs...started out changing left front bulb cause it wouldn't work...checked them...they flashed twice and trip off both left side front and rear and one stop arm... ended up changing rear light assembly and everything was fine!! has worked everday since

I also have had issues with connector at BCM.... do you have Diamond logic builder software? you can turn on that side with software and leave it on ,,,may heat up circuit faster than running in flashing mode in shop? and trip FET if it is going to...

Edited by - slippert on 03/11/2016 09:24:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2016 :  2:18:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Update: I swapped out both right side loading light (red) assemblies to see if the problem would move to the left. The problem is still there. I'll check the connector on the body control module next. If all checks out good I'll then swap out BCM with another bus and see if the problem moves to that bus.
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2016 :  04:29:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you check the wiring, socket etc on the lower STOP arm bulb?
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2016 :  05:11:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by torque

Did you check the wiring, socket etc on the lower STOP arm bulb?

You know what, I did not check that. It didn't dawn on me but I will now that you mention it.
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2016 :  1:25:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Update: stop sign harness sockets looked good, swapped BCM (ESC) with another bus. The problem did not move to the other bus, may have been a bad connection at the BCM and when we swapped them maybe it got a good connection. Who knows...either way both buses loading lights are working fine.
Go to Top of Page

PrestonBus

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2017 :  08:30:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just found this thread...and having the same issue on an '06 CE300.
Did your BCM have the heavy guage electrical wiregoing into it? Where did you disconnect that from? Really dont want to remove half the bus to test swap with another unit.

Saving the World...One school bus at a time.
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2017 :  09:05:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PrestonBus

Just found this thread...and having the same issue on an '06 CE300.
Did your BCM have the heavy guage electrical wiregoing into it? Where did you disconnect that from? Really dont want to remove half the bus to test swap with another unit.

It goes to the electrical panel outside. It's no big deal to remove.

Edited by - JoeHEB1 on 03/20/2017 09:06:11 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000