ICP questions What am I missing ???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
800 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2016 :  4:46:40 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have another dumb question .I have tis 04 DT466E engine .I just got it running after a long sleep . Bus has a new HPOP and IDM .After runs for a few minutes warning light comes on .Has a 333 code .I replaced the ICP thinking it would fix it . Ran a few minutes light came on and idled rough . I clear the code engine smooths out and few minutes more it happens again . So I look at the pressures and the ICP shows just under 700 psi and the IPR is at 900 psi . I checked another engine like this one and it shows the same info . What am I missing ?When we drive it it will go , die light comes on restart and it's in limp mode

earl1412

101 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2016 :  10:26:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
DTC 333 is set by the ECM when the measured pressure does not match the pressure expected by the ECM.It will be set if the measured value is less than or greater than 362psi of desired injection control pressure for a period greater than 7 seconds.Possible causes include:
Low oil level in crankcase, contaminated engine oil,debris in engine oil, aerated engine oil, trapped air in the ICP system (particularly after an injector or high pressure pump replacement), intermittent IPR valve wiring, defective/stuck IPR, leaks in the ICP system,problem with ICP sensor or circuit wiring, defective high pressure hydraulic pump.
This is verbatim from EGES-240 (for VT365 electronic sys diagnosis), which I believe will help some for your application. If not, sorry, don't have but one 466 in my fleet, with no manuals
earl
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2016 :  11:27:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try wiggling the connector/wires at the IPR while running and see if it stumbles or stalls. Have had a couple where the terminals are too loose causing similar problem.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000