Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 DT466E Phantom Misfire
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bfaulkner

168 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2016 :  1:40:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit bfaulkner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Today we have a 2005 Dt466E EGR. This started on a cold day last week. It took an hour but it finally started but had multiple misfires. Finally got to it and found #5 and 6 out. No codes but neither would click in a buzz test and when doing an injector cut out both were obviously bad. Replaced both injectors and valve cover harness. Still has a mis in those two cylinders.

-New Injectors
-New injector harness
-Valves in adjustment
-All valves move so no bad cam
-No Codes
-No click in Buzz test
-Fail Injector cut out
-Unplugging Injector set open code

Any Ideas?

Edited by - bfaulkner on 01/26/2016 1:40:53 PM

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2016 :  1:47:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
does this one also have the pass through plug for the injector harness leaving the overhead. seen the pins break in there or further down the harness outside the overhead. just for kicks how about moving the plug for #5 or #6 to another injector and doing the buzz test again.

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

bfaulkner

168 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2016 :  2:25:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit bfaulkner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No, this is the style with 7 separate plugs along one side of the gasket. The pigtail leads are too short to swap around.

What gets me is the lack of a code. I feel like if there was a break somewhere it would cause a code. Unplugging them causes a code but plugged in they wont cycle. I am thinking it is a IDM problem so Tomorrow its taking a vacation to the local dealer.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000