DT 466 E injector question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
802 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2016 :  12:05:22 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
A few weeks ago I replaced 2 injectors that shorted out . Bus was running rough and no 6 injector isn't working . So I pulled the valve cover and started bus up . On 2 or 3 of the injectors I see a trace of oil moving around on top of injectors . I replace all the seals on top of injectors before I reinstalled the oil rail . Is this normal ? Could this be the cause of No 6 injector ? Could this also be why engine runs rough ?

bfaulkner

168 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2016 :  2:27:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit bfaulkner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the top of the injectors had a spot for excess oil to come from. I believe it should be the slot next to the round port on top of the injector.

Did you also replace the valve cover gasket with the injectors? those do have a tendency to have the wiring go bad.
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
802 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2016 :  8:19:22 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No I didn't I thought it could be reused ? Hope someone else will chime in on this .
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2016 :  04:17:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not 100% sure on the 466, but on the 444, when we do injectors, we do valve cover gaskets as they have a tendency to turn to junk. A bad valve cover gasket will short out and cause issues.
Go to Top of Page

bfaulkner

168 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2016 :  12:39:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit bfaulkner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have you had any luck with your misfire? did it set any codes or just mis?
Go to Top of Page

57fan

United States
148 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2016 :  7:32:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
post your email address or update your profile. maybe able to answer some of your questions off line.

Lead, Follow or get out of the way! Thomas Paine
Go to Top of Page

mhernandez73

124 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2016 :  04:18:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit mhernandez73's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the injector adaptors(pucks)on fuel/oil rail are known to leak. check your valve cover gasket injector harness also known to short
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
802 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2016 :  06:03:59 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I haven't checked into the problem yet . I am thinking gasket .I used a 3/8 air ratchet to install valve cover . could that have hurt the gasket ? I installed all new seals in the oil rail . Here is my e-mail address and I do appreciate any help.Thanks
e-mail is dbierdeman@onysd.wednet.edu
Go to Top of Page

bfaulkner

168 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2016 :  06:44:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit bfaulkner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I doubt the air ratchet caused a problem. I use an electric impact had it has never caused a problem.

I also second the Pucks. They have caused a few low ICP problems for me.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000