Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 '12 International Brakes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BrokenBus

10 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2016 :  09:03:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit BrokenBus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've got a '12 IC CE with hydraulic brakes that keeps throwing brake codes and an alarm. It started about a week ago with codes, alarm, and leaking brake fluid. We traced it to the left rear caliper that had a leaking seal around one of the pistons. Replaced the caliper and bled the calipers. Codes came back about 5 miles later. Brought bus back, pressure bled the module and calipers according to the Meritor instructions and using the laptop. Drove about 10 miles and get the alarm again with more codes. The codes are SID 60 FMI 4 and FMI 6 (Pump motor operates when not expected). I am about a month outside the extended warranty. Im thinking I am going to have to replace the HCU. Any tips or ideas?

Bus Tech II

121 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2016 :  05:46:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bus Tech II's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If this is a 4 piston caliper, make sure you bleed both bleeders on each caliper. We had one of these bite us in the rear.
Go to Top of Page

BrokenBus

10 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2016 :  06:01:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit BrokenBus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is a 4 piston, and we bled both bleeders on all 4 calipers (starting from the outer bleeder to the inner bleeder, and moving from the RR to LR to RF to LF) all after we bled the module. Before starting, we depleted the accumulators using the Meritor Toolbox software.
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2016 :  09:52:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.meritorwabco.com/MeritorWABCO_document/mm0401.pdf
Page 48
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000