Blue Bird propane question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

04IC#14

United States
51 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2016 :  07:51:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone know what the correct range is for the fuel rail pressure? Had the scanner hooked up to my bus yesterday afternoon and this morning and had very different readings. Yesterday I was getting up to 111-112 while accelerating and this morning I was only getting in the low 90's. It was pretty cold here this morning so I understand where that might be a factor. While accelerating this morning the pressure would get up to the low 90's, drop 20 lbs, then come right back up. Sometimes it would stay in the 70's and the bus could miss like it was running out of fuel. The lowest pressure I saw was 62 at the beginning of an acceleration. Idle pressure was high 70's to 80.5.

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2016 :  12:18:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this the V10 with the Roush system that you're talking about?

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2016 :  12:19:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go here https://vantage.blue-bird.com/Portal/Vantage-Home.aspx and put your S/N in and you can look at the service manual on that.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2016 :  1:49:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://bbsweb.blue-bird.com/PDF/ServiceManuals/10040670_2_C/#p=287
This page gives tank pressures at ambient temps. It also gives the pump pressures. As this page notes the pump is designed to keep rail pressure at a certain pressure above tank pressure. So, you will need to know what tank pressure is to know what the rail pressure should be. Of course this is for the Roush system.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

04IC#14

United States
51 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2016 :  2:47:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes it is the V10 Roush system. Thanks, I'll take a look at those links.

Brandon

Go to Top of Page

04IC#14

United States
51 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2016 :  2:50:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The bbsweb one didn't work. I'll put my sn in and see what I find. It's a 2015 model, we just got it last spring.

Brandon

Go to Top of Page

04IC#14

United States
51 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2016 :  04:00:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did get the second link to work after putting in the VIN. Never did find what the spec was for the fuel rail pressure other than it was to be within so many lbs of the tank pressure. bwest do you know how much fluctuation in the FRP is acceptable when driving? During an acceleration it would drop as much as 20 lbs and then jump back up where it was. Thank you for your help!

Brandon

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000