Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

buster133
Top Member

USA
512 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2015 :  4:33:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys,
I’m trying to find out what type of grease/lube everyone else is using when replacing brake pads on hydraulic brake buses. The Bosch Slide Pin brake service manual lists Shell Albida® MPS-1 Grease. A google search is telling me that this lube has been discontinued by the manufacturer. I had been using CRC brake caliper grease but after a few repeat brake jobs it looks like this grease is hardening up a bit and is making the rubber bushing on the trailing pin swell and crack causing more problems. I picked up a bottle of Permatex 24110 Ultra Disc Brake Caliper Lube to try out, but in my quest for more information I searched this product and a few reviews mentioned the product causing rubber swelling so I might be back in the same boat.
On a side note, does anyone have a source/part number to buy just the orange rubber bushing? I’ve been buying the guide pin kit R4011754 just for this bushing and now I’m swimming in extra parts because most of the other items in the kit are not needed.

flint1

Canada
74 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2015 :  5:36:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Molykoat 111 from dow corning. Expensive but will not swell rubber or wash out.
Go to Top of Page

baptistbusman1

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2015 :  09:46:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been using Permatex 24125 Ceramic Extreme Brake Parts Lubricant, for a few years now, and it seems to do a great job.

I was formally Baptistbusman. However, I lost my password, and had not updated my email address.

Here is a link to my old posts. http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/forum/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=1846
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000