Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 DT530e timing marks?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DarthCledus117

3 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2015 :  12:03:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit DarthCledus117's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm trying to do a valve adjustment on a DT530E, but I can't find any timing marks on the crank pulley/damper. The TDC mark is clearly visible on the front cover, but I can't find any other marks. I've cleaned the paint off the damper already, and all I see is a part number.

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2015 :  1:29:16 PM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If like the 466....Should be a small notch on belt pulley next to front cover...
Go to Top of Page

DarthCledus117

3 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2015 :  1:38:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit DarthCledus117's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok I'll see if I can find it.
Go to Top of Page

DarthCledus117

3 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2015 :  2:03:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit DarthCledus117's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, found it!

Now on to my next question. Which valves can I do on which cylinders with #1 at TDC compression? I've got no service manual, and I've only ever done valve adjustments on ISXs (and they've got 3 marks, not just one).
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2015 :  08:33:48 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
# 1 TDC......(cyl) (#1)Int and Exh, (#2)Int, (#3)Exh, (#4)Int, (#5)Exh.... roll engine 360 back to mark to #6 TDC do (#2)Exh, (#3)Int, (#4)Exh (#5)Int, (#6)Int and Exh.. is what I have down for DT's

Valve lash probably will depend on year of engine.... Probably is on tag on valve cover if your lucky and tag is still there...? other wise with a engine year can look up spec if you need it...My newer ones are .019,,,, older if memory serves me was .025?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000