Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2008 IC NCLB problems
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2015 :  11:54:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Alarm will not cancel 9 times out of 10. Was told the ESC (body controller) needs to be replaced so we replaced it and still the alarm won't cancel. That was after replacing door switches, relays and the 2 solenoids on the outside electrical panel. What in the world else could it be!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2015 :  12:21:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe somehow not recognizing that parking brake is applied? Or not sensing key is in accessory position?

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2015 :  1:11:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Fastback forgot to mention that I also replaced the ignition switch and the park brake switch.
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2015 :  04:22:07 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
A few years ago one of my NCLB systems started out not canceling randomly for driver, never acting up in shop, I kept telling her it was operator error, lol... Eventually wouldn't cancel at all and proved me wrong!...

Ended up at that point finding a wire pulled out of one of the diodes above wiring raceway, The raceway that runs thru top of outside elec panel.. under glovebox on left dash... I figured maybe wire was pulling or shaking around before that and losing contact intermittently? NCLB system on that bus has never bothered since wire to diode was repaired.... if I remember there are three diodes laying ontop of raceway, almost easier to find if glovebox was removed...

I have seen those diodes located inside of that raceway on some of my busses too... as wiring for them comes thru it anyway...

Edited by - slippert on 11/06/2015 06:48:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2015 :  06:01:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I will check the raceway area for those diodes. Thanks!!!
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2015 :  06:27:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Update: found the diodes, the connections seemed ok. I tested the 2 diodes to the back door switch and found one to be erratic with ohms reading. The other diode tested good, replaced the bad diode and sent it back on route. I asked the driver to report back to me only if the NCLB acted up again AND sure enough it acted up AGAIN 2 days later!!!! I'm gonna replace the other diode and see what happens.
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2015 :  07:18:28 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoeHEB1

Update: found the diodes, the connections seemed ok. I tested the 2 diodes to the back door switch and found one to be erratic with ohms reading. The other diode tested good, replaced the bad diode and sent it back on route. I asked the driver to report back to me only if the NCLB acted up again AND sure enough it acted up AGAIN 2 days later!!!! I'm gonna replace the other diode and see what happens.

Probably dumb question but does bus do this to you in shop or just to driver? Only reason I ask is I have a few drivers that still struggle with the consept of how those systems reset.... and run to back door to push button or lift handle, or have a bus aide on the bus that lifts it to quickly.... Not giving system the delay it needs, from moment key hits accessory, to be able to reset...

I am almost sure you ruled out human error... Personally here I have had very little trouble with NCLB system on my IC's other than operator error... that was why when one or two did actually have a problem, I was eating crow for awhile!! lol...

Edited by - slippert on 11/11/2015 07:19:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2015 :  07:47:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lol... yeah human error has been ruled out, it's been the same driver in that bus for the last 5 years. The problem started over a year ago and it continues. It'll work great for a few days or even a week sometimes and then BAM!!! it'll start acting up again just out of the blue.
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2015 :  08:04:41 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoeHEB1

Lol... yeah human error has been ruled out, it's been the same driver in that bus for the last 5 years. The problem started over a year ago and it continues. It'll work great for a few days or even a week sometimes and then BAM!!! it'll start acting up again just out of the blue.

Figured you had ruled the ole human factor out.... If not the other diode having something to do with it, still almost sounds like bus has a bad connection or loose wire somewhere? being as intermitent as it sounds like problem is.. keep us posted and Good luck!!
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2015 :  08:54:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Update: Seems that replacing all (3) the diodes instead of just the bad one fixed the problem. Driver reported to me that it hasn't had a problem in a week and a half. It's never worked that long since the problem began. Thanks for all the help !!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000