2012 C2 heated mirrors
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

baptistbusman1

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2015 :  09:42:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2012 C2 95th anniversary edition. None of the heated mirrors are getting power. The one fuse is good and the switch is good. Anyone seen this before? Getting ready to tear into it tomorrow, but hoping someone found a magic hidden plug that comes apart on its own somewhere.

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2015 :  10:58:25 AM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
No power or no heat? Power comes from chassis module up through floor connector behind access panel under switch cabinet. No heat possible because the mirrors have poor heaters with loose contact at spade connectors and burn the grid out at one connector or the other.
Go to Top of Page

baptistbusman1

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2015 :  12:47:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No power. I have power to the fuse and switch, but none of the connectors at any of the mirrors are hot.

I was formally Baptistbusman. However, I lost my password, and had not updated my email address.

Here is a link to my old posts. http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/forum/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=1846
Go to Top of Page

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2015 :  04:13:24 AM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Do you have access freightliner online?
Go to Top of Page

baptistbusman1

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2015 :  3:10:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tigger2

Do you have access freightliner online?

Yes I do, however I'm not too good with it yet.

I was formally Baptistbusman. However, I lost my password, and had not updated my email address.

Here is a link to my old posts. http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/forum/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=1846
Go to Top of Page

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2015 :  12:05:24 PM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Do you have a Nexiq or some other data translator for your computer? If you do you can just hook the adapter to your computer and go to service link and when you get to the serial number screen type in the last six numbers, when it opens and shows modules on the left click on bulkhead and then go to configuration and click on that. If you click on print you can print the pinout list for this unit. I think you will find the heated mirrors in chassis module area. If you have hooked to the unit as a first step you can then go to the module for heated mirrors called out in the list and click on templates. Use the j1939 line and click on that and a list of connectors will populate the section pick the connector that has the pin you want in it and click on it. Be patient!! when it opens you will see a screen with boxes and letters corresponding to the pins in this connector, turn on the heated mirrors and see if the block turns yellow and how much amperage is used. If it is zero you have an open wire or driver. you can also back probe at the module at the pinout called for to see if power is actually coming out of the module. Have fun.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000