Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 brand new ac belts flying off
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

meanmechanic01

31 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2015 :  09:30:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit meanmechanic01's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We just received a shipment of new buses and about a third or more of them have a/c, thing is that just about every ac belt was either loose and had rubbing marks or has fallen off within the first 1000 miles even with the belts being tightened and adjusted- also the ac brackets on some have been "altered" to fit from the factory and have rubbed on the fuel filter housing causing them to leak fuel and causing a no start issue.... anyone with some suggestions on how to correct these issues would be greatly appreciated! also would be awesome on how to correct this before they hit 2000miles

meanmechanic01

31 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2015 :  10:17:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit meanmechanic01's Homepage  Reply with Quote
o and a side note its a BE bus with the cummins 6.7 with the aftermarket ac system installed lol sorry
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2015 :  10:40:19 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What aftermarket air? Thermoking, Bus air,?...... Sorry but my first suggestion would be a trip back to your dealer or to the A/C installer...

I purchase all Thermo-King A/C units and if there is an issue,,, have had excellent service on warranty issues, sounds to me like warranty is what yours should be....
Go to Top of Page

meanmechanic01

31 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2015 :  2:21:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit meanmechanic01's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The company is Bus Air Mfg, thing is who do you make a warranty against when the flange that the ac company installed destroyed the fuel filter housing? do I call cummins and say bus air did it or do I call bus air and have them call cummins and make a claim? if we sent back ac for warranty then all 10 or so wheelchair ac buses would be out since all the ac mounts are causing leaks to the fuel filter housing and belts are coming off... lol its going to be interesting to see who is going to cover the warranty :P
Go to Top of Page

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2015 :  3:13:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You tell the dealer to fix it. "Multiple units down" you say. and tell em not now but like, right now. i suppose you could just disable the ac until its resolved. its awful having issues like that after a short in service period and spending so much money for new equipment. time for the customer service end to pull their weight.

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2015 :  5:29:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cummins is not going to warranty that since it was an add on that did the damage...you're wasting your time even thinking about that.

I'd go after the AC install company to pay if its faulty install. Disable the units while you wait, its a hazard if its causing them means.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000