New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2015 :  12:24:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
has anyone come accross on an ic bus wabco brakes hydro the rear abs sensor intermittenly lost signal i checked all wiring replaced abs sensors the abs module checked all powers and grounds and still the rears lose signal intermittenly if i turn key off and back on the signal comes back for a while then i loss it the abs light trac light and triangle come on an abs modle flashe es on dash screen i am losing my mind on this thing

earl1412

101 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2015 :  2:56:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you may pay close attention to the bearing runout of the axle hub. if I recall correctly, it only takes about .004" to trip a signal. I've learned to have .000" movement at the hub using a dial indicator. Old school axle bearing setup don't work and the IH school seminar last year stated using a dial indicator to adjust the bearings to just .000".
Otherwise check the tone ring teeth to see if you have had any missing or filled with rust/metal.
earl
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2015 :  04:46:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i took both rotors of checked the rings some had little dirt i cleaned them ot made sure thaey where perfectly flat i actually over tightened the axle nuts just to test them to make sure it wasnt that that didnt fix problem so i then tightened them correctly checked end play there is zero adj senor light book sais right up on the ring still all lights come on abs trac and triangle and i lose both abs signals and sometimes a park brake over travel comes up but its wierd because when that happens if i cycle key and roll again everything is good for a few minutes and it acts up again
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2015 :  07:34:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i actually swapped out the ecu from another bus and the problem went away when i ordered new ecu they flashed it for me do i need to seend bus to dealer to get it flashed that way i called them and they said they only need module so i am sending it back dor a reflash but i have this feeling its not gonna be right when i get it back anyone ever have problems getting a module flashed????
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000