Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2006 IC warning lamps and stop arm
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mrpicky

123 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2015 :  5:54:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit mrpicky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When coming to a stop the warning lights will come on and the stop arm swings out, but only for a few seconds. The arm swings back and the lights turn off like they have been deactivated although the switches are still on. I have already switched the flasher module with a known good one and it did not solve the problem. Any ideas?

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2015 :  6:13:58 PM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What 2006 do you have CE,FE,RE? .what flasher module did you swap?. I can only speak for the CE's I have but all warning lights and stop arm are operated by the body controller... Biggest issue I have had is the buses with switches that are in steering wheel., switches go bad and cause lights to possibly come on when they shouldn't or some go off before done with a student pickup... Or Could be short in circuit causing FET( which is kind of a circuit breaker in controller) to trip then may reset before next stop., worst case body controller may have a problem...

Edited by - slippert on 08/17/2015 6:16:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

mrpicky

123 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2015 :  6:16:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit mrpicky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
RE and it was a Weldon flasher module.
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2015 :  6:19:31 PM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hand operated door? The old bluebirds I use to have had a push button switch in door operator that was problematic.,sorry never had pleasure of an re here so didn't realize 2006's still had Weldon flashers in them...

Edited by - slippert on 08/17/2015 6:22:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2015 :  6:22:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Verify that the ground that is applied to the flasher when the door switch is in the "open" position is good. Had one last year like to drove us out of our minds...ground was good but not good enough.
Go to Top of Page

mrpicky

123 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2015 :  3:05:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit mrpicky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, put a new ground wire on the flasher unit and changed the door switch with a known good one all to no avail. The override switch works and combined with the working amber lights you can get away with driving the bus and having your reds on as well but I would like to fix this.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2015 :  3:11:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ground wire to the "ground" pin on flasher or to the "flash only after Amber" pin via the door switch? That's the one I'm referring to that made us insane.
Go to Top of Page

mrpicky

123 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2015 :  4:46:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit mrpicky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes I put a new ground wire to the "ground" pin on the flasher module. Will check the "flash only after Amber" pin via the door switch. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

57fan

United States
148 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2015 :  9:31:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
have you replaced the door switch yet? its a pretty straight forward system. power back feeding can cause issues.... we had issues with loose wires on the switch as well and they sometimes just take a c**p sometimes.

Lead, Follow or get out of the way! Thomas Paine
Go to Top of Page

mrpicky

123 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2015 :  7:52:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit mrpicky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It was a ground on the fire wall behind the wire harness. Thanks to all!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000