Need a good IC code man
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
800 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2015 :  10:45:47 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have a 2004 FE 300 with the Dt 466 . Today I went to start it and truned over slowly wouldn't start . I put the charger on it and tried again and the engine warning light is one . So I used my laptop and 7 codes came up . Now this bus broke a few months ago and we just parked till Summer . Bus won't start and the codes came up are : 124 , 145 , 155 , 221 , 225 , 368 , 543 .
My servicemaxx pro says they are all active . I have checked fuses and relays . Hope for some help again . Thanks

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2015 :  04:58:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
124 is ICP signal out of range low.
543 is and ECM communications failure.

In my experiences with these, those 2 codes could cause all of the rest to be active. Check all of your engine wiring. Disconnect connectors and LOOK at the sockets and pins for any that are push bad or loose. Pull on the wires to see if any come loose.

I'd replace the CMP sensor, (code 124) if you don't find anything loose to see if it starts. Attached is a code listing link.

http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/64-medium-heavy-duty/25121-dt-466e-trouble-code-list-2.html

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
800 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2015 :  2:16:27 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I installed a new cam sensor .Could have gotten a bad one ?
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2015 :  03:33:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's always possible. SOunds more like a wiring or connector issue.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2015 :  04:31:26 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
After batteries are good and charged....What does Servicemaxx say ICP pressure is doing when cranking?

Agree with Ron that some of your codes could be caused by others, but if you have a ICP out of range low... that would be one thing I would check on Service maxx, No Injector Control Pressure ,no start

Edited by - slippert on 07/29/2015 04:38:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
800 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2015 :  2:42:12 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Okay guys
I charged everything up and ran service maxx on engine . No pressure for ICP or IPR . What should my next step be ? Pump has a new IPR that came with the pump . My CMP code dropped out no more .

Edited by - valleybusman on 07/29/2015 2:42:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2015 :  03:45:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check to see if you are getting oil in the high pressure pump reservoir. Are you getting regular engine oil pressure? If you not getting regular oil pressure it will never start.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
800 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2015 :  07:02:35 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am getting oil to the HPOP . I also have pressure coming out of the HPOP . I checked the injectors and no leakage .The engine itself is showing 50 + lbs.
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2015 :  11:12:51 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sounds like were missing some info ,So you have already replaced HP oil pump? and still not able to build pressure? And your certain oil is coming to HPOP from oil pan?

Have you pressuried oil rail with air or porta-power? to ck it for leaks...

For curiousity have you checked the fuses in battery box? When the IDM fuse in battery box blows or melts engine stalls and your dead in the water...

Two of those codes you list are for commuication loss.... the 368 is AMS/EGR driver module/ECM2 commuication fault.... 543 is ECM/IDM communication fault...225 is Engine oil pressure signal in range fault...

Edited by - slippert on 07/30/2015 11:28:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
800 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2015 :  1:52:34 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I checked pressure at the HPOP before I replaced it read only 200 psi.I checked fuses and relays .When I pulled the HPOP it had oil .I checked relays all had power and I hear them clicking .I have not put air to it . Ran service maxx again and it dropped to codes and said I had psi coming from the other oil pump .New codes 155 241 368 543
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2015 :  11:45:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks more and more like and electrical issue. Bad connectors, loose wiring, grounds, ect.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000