Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 vt 365
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

markanthonyperez

2 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2015 :  09:09:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit markanthonyperez's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey whats going on ovr? say i am not new to this forum while i tend to read alot and take yualls issues and practice them on my fleet. thanks guys!!
now i have my own problems that i have not seen anywhere on here nor have i ecountered this problem on any kind of truck (school buses)amounst my fleet. so please can anyone give me a sense of direction on where to go.
i have these 2 trucks (school buses) vt365 which will turn on over and over again and they run w/out a hic-up. problem is when they get to normal operating temp you rev the engine up all the way and they will fall dead. turn them on again no problem but still die after engine is reved to the top and then dies again.they also fall dead when you come to an abrupt stop.
now i have no problem w/these trucks (school buses) turning over and running its only when they rev to the top or come to an abrupt stop that they will fall flat dead. no codes no nothing-- help please!!

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2015 :  11:53:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On the old IDI 7.3L's, this was a sure sign of an injector pump failing. I've only ever had 1 VT365 though, and they totaled it before it needed anything serious- so I don't have any practical experience- but it does sound like a fuel delivery problem.
Go to Top of Page

markanthonyperez

2 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2015 :  09:00:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit markanthonyperez's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yes exactly rite? that was my first thought-- needless to say the fuel&p/w steering pump was the first thing i had changed out. and yet once it gets to normal op temp you rev it up all the way and release the accelerator truck falls dead. its funny because you cant even catch it by trying to acceleate or feather the pedal.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000