Exit warning coming on
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
798 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2015 :  9:39:53 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have a 2008 CE 300 IC bus . From time to time the light and beeper will come on . Driver would tell me during pretrip light and beeper will come on . He turns the bus off and restarts . Light and noise stop . While in route he turns on his strobe light and light and noise are back . Today we had patrol inspection and everything worked great . Driver took bus out to take Summer school students home . Buzzer and light came on and no matter what he did nothing worked . Then turned off the switch that kills the fans and such . Light and beeper went off . Anybody else run across this ? Is this a warning something else computer wise could be bad ?

exmod110

150 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2015 :  06:44:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit exmod110's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sounds like One of the 2 body relays is not working, I have changed a few for what you are describing. when it is doing it check with a test light for power out of both relays, confirm it is getting power and ground to activate and change out the bad. should be part # 2222800c1 from IC.
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2015 :  08:51:08 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yep...what exmod said above, those solenoids are a common issue if you have many IC buses.. will make E exit light on dash illuminate if soleniod is malfuntioning
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
798 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2015 :  07:14:55 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys ...Yesterday I took bus out trying to duplicate what was happening .Drove bus around for 20 minutes nothing happened . Took bus back to shop and again tried to duplicate . Shut bus down to go back to work on another bus .Decided to give up and move bus . Guess what....started bus up and exit warning came on . Went to check solenoid and no power to turn solenoid on . Shut off noise switch buzzer went away . What besides the noise switch controls that solenoid and where is it ? Could it be a bad noise switch ?
Go to Top of Page

rcbusman

21 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2015 :  11:09:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit rcbusman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
there are 3 relays above the fuses in the electrical center under the drivers window accessed thru the door on the outside they are marked post trip, emergency exit, and cant remember the other but anyway, its probably one of those two causing the issue.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000