Safety Issues and Drivers' Concerns
 Enter Forum: Safety Issues and Drivers' Concerns
 Being more involved
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Caroyln Condon

6 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2015 :  6:03:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Caroyln Condon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As I was saying in the other forum, should parents be more involved? What should we be doing, so we can ensure the safety of our kids?

Sam
Advanced Member

United States
390 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2015 :  12:33:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Parents should definitely be more involved in student transportation! My experiences show that bus-stops that have more parents in attendance (AM & PM) have fewer disciplinary issues. This may simply be due to their presence, or it may be that because there is a parent home with the children the behavior is better. regardless, I love to see parents waiting at stops with their students - at all grade levels. it's a few minutes each day to connect with each other, to share a little conversation, a little ritual that becomes meaningful over time. Seems to me that students who have good relationships with their parents usually have better social behaviors. The little ones can see their parents interacting with other adults (hopefully in a positive way!) The middle ones can sometimes be included in parental social conversations. The older ones don't usually want to be around parents, but nothing ever made me feel better than to hear my mom telling another adult about something I accomplished.

So, YES, parents should be more involved! Figuring out how to foster that involvement is a whole other story. Ideas?

Edited by - Sam on 07/01/2015 12:33:32 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000