Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 08 maxforce DT
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mhernandez73

124 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2015 :  05:19:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit mhernandez73's Homepage  Reply with Quote
when cold. starts up normal but runs rough for 10/15mins then clears up..no codes. runs good after tht.fuel icp egr normal.. any ideas where I can start???? thx!!!!!

mysterytrain

34 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2015 :  09:05:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit mysterytrain's Homepage  Reply with Quote
oil puck leak, would be my first guess
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2015 :  09:20:42 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sounds exactly or at least errily familar..lol...to the one I am working on right now.....!! Same year IC bus and engine has been staring good ,but ran rough or missed till engine starts to warm up.... then seems fine, ran great after warm up... This bus has done this for months... same as you had not thrown any codes.... till this week,

Now I am getting a 4416 dtc,cyl#6 close coil open circuit.. first went thru and check all wires from ECM to valve cover and under cover to injectors...all check ok.... injectors ordered..!

My parts guy at dealer told me he had over 100 of those injectors in stock, so I am pretty sure they sell a lot of them..

Edited by - slippert on 05/28/2015 09:22:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

mhernandez73

124 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2015 :  10:11:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit mhernandez73's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@slippert please keep me posted im going crazy!!!lol. mystery train when cranking I monitored icp and desired both within spec plus it start up right away no exteneded crank. any more ideas guys? thank guys for your help!!
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2015 :  11:48:23 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mhernandez73

@slippert please keep me posted im going crazy!!!lol. mystery train when cranking I monitored icp and desired both within spec plus it start up right away no exteneded crank. any more ideas guys? thank guys for your help!!

Just got time to finish my bus today, with a new set of injectors runs GREAT! from start up to warmed up no miss or rough idle... I probably could have got by putting #6 injector in it to cure problem, but could not find where any injectors had been changed resently... so I opted for the the full set while I was in there...
I hate going back in a few days/weeks later and doing same work all over if one of the other injectors decided to malfuction!

Problem you may have is if your engine isn't giving you a code yet you don't have any where to start, other than swapping parts...good luck to you...
Go to Top of Page

mhernandez73

124 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2015 :  05:37:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit mhernandez73's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yes sir! still no codes. im going to check history. if no injectors have been replaced then ill suggest it.can u do me a fovor keep me updated. itll b a few days until I get a yes or no on injectors. thx so much for your help brother!
quote:
Originally posted by slippert

quote:
Originally posted by mhernandez73

Just got time to finish my bus today, with a new set of injectors runs GREAT! from start up to warmed up no miss or rough idle... I probably could have got by putting #6 injector in it to cure problem, but could not find where any injectors had been changed resently... so I opted for the the full set while I was in there...
I hate going back in a few days/weeks later and doing same work all over if one of the other injectors decided to malfuction!

Problem you may have is if your engine isn't giving you a code yet you don't have any where to start, other than swapping parts...good luck to you...

Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2015 :  05:59:58 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Just an update,,,so far bus has been starting and running great from the time it is fired up til end of the day!!! Seems a couple thousand dollars in parts was all it took to fix it, all good with my bus .... mhernandez
Go to Top of Page

mhernandez73

124 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2015 :  05:24:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit mhernandez73's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@slippert we got a porta power filled with cj oil. connected a pressure gauge to the high pressure line goin into head. pressured it up to 600 or tried to. injector 3 leaking down replaced it. were go to go. thank you so much for your help brother. I learned the portapower thing off another member from this forum.
Go to Top of Page

mastertech
Advanced Member

274 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2015 :  7:18:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit mastertech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had the same problem with a dt466. It had intermittant air getting in the fuel rail killing the engine. Normally on a vt365 this was a common problem and once the pintle failed it just kept dumping compression into the fuel all the time. I chased my tail for a while diagnosing the fuel pumps,filter,check valves and finally bit the bullet and replaced all the injectors to cure the issue.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000