Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 blue bird all american hazzards
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bandit

41 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2015 :  11:15:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit bandit's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ok I have a 2005 flat nose that quit flashing hazzards and turn signals, I changed the circuit breaker on the left side of steering wheel and it worked for two days, then I changed the relay behind left wiper door and it worked for two days, now I just changed it again, has anyone ran into this before? could it be the turn signal switch?

OxDiesel-Doc

25 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2015 :  1:47:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit OxDiesel-Doc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sounds like a short somewhere...is it popping the circuit breaker itself or just not working?
Go to Top of Page

bandit

41 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2015 :  2:20:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit bandit's Homepage  Reply with Quote
intermitiantly not workinjg this afternoon
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2015 :  05:46:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is that bus multiplexed, or does it have an actual flasher unit in it? Our Visions of that time period have had issues with multiplex and had to be changed over to a traditional flasher unit.
Go to Top of Page

bandit

41 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2015 :  10:19:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit bandit's Homepage  Reply with Quote
multiplex because it has a relay and a circuit breaker, no trditional flasher, where did you tie in a flasher?
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2015 :  2:45:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check inside the electrical door below the driver window. I've had several aafe's rub wires through against the body sheet metal at the rear of the panel near where the door latches.

Usually intermittent problems when it happens.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000