GPS/Telematics/Student Tracking
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BPWags

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2015 :  10:06:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you will indulge me for a few moments, I have a ‘discussion’ that I would like to see started to get feedback that may help me make some decisions relative to GPS/ALS/Student Tracking/Timekeeping, etc..

I am not interested in a discussion of a particular product or its merits. I am more interested in the journey taken to acquire the solution, the pitfalls, expectations met and unmet, successes, regrets; the good, the bad, the ugly.

For instance, I consider Student Tracking a singularly important tool. It could save me hours and hours of time and more importantly go a long way to insuring student safety. However, I am not certain that I can gain the support of administrators in requiring students to carry ID cards. Although my inquiries have been limited, I have yet to find a district who has successfully implemented Student Tracking throughout their district.

Another issue that I have with Student Tracking is that I have yet to find a product that will ‘flag’ a student trying to board a particular bus who is not assigned. If I try to enter a building that my access card has not been programmed for, the door beeps and doesn’t let me in. It would seem the same concept could be applied.

Of course, the next question is what do districts do with the students when they are not assigned?

Again, just the tip of the ice burg in terms of questions/concerns that I have, but I guess this is a good start.

Thanks,
Brendan Wagner

BPWags

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2015 :  08:32:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Several folks read this...hoping for some feedback.

Are you using GPS? AVL? Student Tracking? Timekeeping?

Has it been worth the investment?

Any particular challenges?

Product preference?

Thanks,
Brendan
586 723-2160
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000