Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Hydraulic Fan Motor/Power Steering
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

OxDiesel-Doc

25 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2015 :  09:11:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit OxDiesel-Doc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Everyone, I am trying to help out a friend with this problem but am having a hard time, Its a Blue Bird AA RE with a Cummins C-Series and he replace the Hydraulic Fan drive due to it leaking and when he replaced it, the new motor blew out as soon as the engine was turned on. Anyone have any suggestions or experiences with this

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2015 :  07:12:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i heard that back in the day this was a problem. the fan motors had in/out ports only. the fix was a third port on the motor to return excess pressure back to the reservoir. also, there should be a solenoid valve somewhere that controls pressure to the fan that usually fails in the default (open) position. if the fan is running full all the time it can blow out prematurely. though there is always the chance that your friend got a defective one.

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

OxDiesel-Doc

25 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2015 :  10:04:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit OxDiesel-Doc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info krmvcs! I'll test the solenoid and check for that return to reservoir asap.
Go to Top of Page

OxDiesel-Doc

25 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2015 :  10:29:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit OxDiesel-Doc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I ended up installing a line that feeds back to the reservoir and it works properly now, Thanks again for the advice!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000