Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Maxxforce woes- Egr
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

beserkur

12 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2015 :  5:21:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit beserkur's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Broughtin a bus with a maxxforce engine(replaced under warranty 18 months ago... and it's running real rough-bucking andhesitating etc...
I wanted to pull the egr valve to inspect it- thing was so seized that it broke in 2 pieces! After finally getting it out I noticed that there is a huge amount of wet sludge in the intake-I mean there is a ton of this crap in there(carbon that has been wet with what I dunno,although I suspect it's coolant)
Just want to know if anyone else is seeing this? I will try to snap a pic and post it tomorrow.

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2015 :  08:03:15 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
EGR cooler leaks not uncommon....keep coolant full,and bleed air when refilling seems to help..
Go to Top of Page

mhernandez73

124 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2015 :  09:56:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit mhernandez73's Homepage  Reply with Quote
EGR cooler
Go to Top of Page

beserkur

12 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2015 :  6:18:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit beserkur's Homepage  Reply with Quote
note-these are the engines renowned for their fuel dilution problems-hence the engine replacement last summer,new engine has exact same problem.
upon further inspection today,I determined that the egr valve is a one piece model-need the complete housing...for 600 bucks..ouch. and the egr cooler is suspect number one but is not the only culprit. more to come(also I'll try to remember to snap that pic for you guys).
Go to Top of Page

mastertech
Advanced Member

274 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2015 :  1:50:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit mastertech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They make a puller for the egr valve but if you take the manifold off you can tap it out from the inside which is fairly easy.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000