Software needed for Service maxx
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
800 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2015 :  9:15:20 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just recently my district has renewed my Service maxx . I thought that was all I needed to do and start using the program . I found out we need a program now for the connection wires . I found the connections but there is no disc to program them in . I did find out it is called IC 4 . Anybody know how I can get the disc or maybe some one can either send me a copy of the disc file or where to go to get the file . Really hope someone can help with this Thanks

mysterytrain

34 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2015 :  06:50:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit mysterytrain's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if you have the nexiq data link connector there should have been a disk with it with the support drivers on it for a usb connection.
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
800 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2015 :  07:50:31 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's the problem . I have only been with this district 11 months . I never met the last guy and he was alone . The box and disc are gone and nobody knows where it went . I have been all over the shop and I have discs but no IC 4 .
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2015 :  07:51:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you will find that the old IC4 will not work with ServiceMaxx, we had to buy a NexIQ USB-Link.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

Oldiron

23 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2015 :  12:32:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Oldiron's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yup Fastback is spot on. IC4 is old for the Pre Service Maxx software you will need a Nexiq usb adapter kit, which will have the cables, adapter and software drivers for the adapter if you intend to use Service Maxx
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2015 :  04:12:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
www.tpxpowersource Is a good place to get the cables and software from.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

57fan

United States
148 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2015 :  4:46:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its a IC4 driver issue that NAvistar is aware of. We just use the Cummins inline 5 USB and it works awesome. I have the IC4 driver. had it emailed to me via Servicemaxx tech dept but never tried it...

Lead, Follow or get out of the way! Thomas Paine
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
800 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2015 :  9:38:51 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks 57 Fan . I went to another district near me and borrowed his disc . I tried to get one from Nexiq but they sent me to International who said they would send me one . Never got it Thanks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000