Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2011 maxxforce dt won't start, no codes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TheRide

107 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2014 :  5:26:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit TheRide's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Was told bus had no power on a return trip. Driver said water in fuel message was on. Could not get bus to start when trying to get in the shop. Changed filter and checked strainer on elect pump. Has good ICP and 74psi fdp. Checked fuel at Schrader valve on fuel rail and it's good, clean, no bubbles. Checked fuses and relays, no codes. Tried ether and barley will run at all with it. Performed KOEO tests and passed all tests. Sent screen shot of the relative compression test to my dealer and they told me it needed all 6 injectors. Not sure if that would keep it from running at all... I could see not running well. It has 81,000 miles on it. Wish it had a code to chase down! Any help would be great. About ready to have it towed to dealer. Just don't think injectors will fix it.

mhernandez73

124 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2015 :  04:54:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit mhernandez73's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i would do an air test and check for injectors leaking down had maxforce hard to start issue was 2 injectors leaking down with no codes
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2015 :  05:31:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Check the wire connector on the IPR valve on the HPOP. I had one with broken wires at the connector. Spliced in a new connector and problem solved, it had same symptoms as yours is having. Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

Oldiron

23 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2015 :  12:13:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Oldiron's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Look for a stuck open EGR valve, had several do it. No codes and no start.
Go to Top of Page

TheRide

107 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2015 :  12:18:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit TheRide's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I checked the pigtail at the HPOP. Found out bus still had warranty to trying out a new dealership service dept. Will post when we find the issue.
Go to Top of Page

TheRide

107 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2015 :  10:00:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit TheRide's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Talked with dealer this morning and he said they did find the egr stuck and have one on order.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000