New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

1983ChevroletWayne

Canada
173 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2014 :  4:24:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys,

A few days ago I had posted about a problem on our new 15' IC bus wheelchair lift. Well, I'm back again...lol

This time the lift will not stow itself back into the bus. It will stow if you hold up on the end of the ramp and lift it up about two inches, but without the extra "boost" it will just sit there.

It tries to store itself, but the pump makes a squeeling sound for about 2-3 seconds and then stops.

It seems like it needs some sore of an adjustment somewhere, but we can't figure out where. The fluid in the resevoir is about a 1/2 an inch below the "Fill line" on the tank (when the lift is down on the ground), would this have any effect on this?

Thanks guys

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2014 :  04:47:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It sounds as if one of the micro switches need adjusted or the pressure regulator needs adjusted. I don't have a link to the procedures but you may try a google search or call Ricon.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

partsman_ba
Administrator

United States
377 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2014 :  4:15:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure what lift you have, but I'm guessing it's a S-Series DOT Public Use (since that's what all of ours are.) Here's a link to the service/parts manual with adjustment info on page 22: http://www.riconcorp.com/pdfs/32dsst04/32dsst04D.4.pdf

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional."
Go to Top of Page

mrerob1987

1 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2015 :  10:07:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit mrerob1987's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the pressure switch needs adjusted clockwise to increase pressure, have any of you had this issue before and the pressure switch adjusment didn't fix the problem and after replacing the switch still have the same issue?
Go to Top of Page

FP Byrnes

7 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2015 :  2:18:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit FP Byrnes's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yep...had the same issue....Ricon Warranty provided entire pump assembly. Evidently it was by-pasiing internally...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000