New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2014 :  05:33:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got an old FS 65 that has over 250k on it and has beat up and down these old township roads for over ten years. Anyway, last week the driver complained that neither turn signals nor the hazards would work. I looked at it and the switch was really loose when you activate the signal left or right. When I wiggled it a little signals work and hazards work. New switch and I thought I had it fixed. NOT! Driver just now said "hey your fix didn't hold". Back to doing the exact same thing. Argh! Any ideas?

sob

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2014 :  07:45:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stupid question, perhaps I'm not understanding but, when you say "wiggled it", do you mean the switch or the switch and the base ?? Perhaps there is a connection issue in the T/S switch connector or in the loom at the next connection, down stream.
Last switch I ordered came with the switch and base plate. If those base screws are coming loose you could always locktite the base piece, I suppose. I did notice a lot of breakage in the base piece. That was mine, your could be totally different.
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2014 :  08:20:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, it's not loose where it attaches to the column. I have checked the connection at the switch and it's good but I didn't think about a connection "down stream". Thanks for the suggestions.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Bassman
Top Member

USA
558 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2014 :  10:32:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
T/S Flasher?
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2014 :  2:02:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bassman

T/S Flasher?

Maybe

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2014 :  05:54:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know how sometimes you are your own worst enemy? LOL, I found my problem! I had removed the right front body turn signal to run the wire of a replacement heated mirror and when I put the turn signal back on one of the mounting screws got into the wire and made a ground. LOL That's the way things go somedays.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2014 :  2:49:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darn it, I hate it when a mouse chews the insulation off a wire and it grounds out ;)
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2014 :  05:18:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah!! I wish I'd of thought of that! I normally just tell the drivers I messed up. Of course most don't even ask, they are happy to get the thing back so they don't have to drive a 15 year old spare. lol

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2014 :  11:41:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bwest

You know how sometimes you are your own worst enemy? LOL, I found my problem! I had removed the right front body turn signal to run the wire of a replacement heated mirror and when I put the turn signal back on one of the mounting screws got into the wire and made a ground. LOL That's the way things go somedays.

Been there, done that, lol Not for the same reason, but definitely the same result.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000