New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4546 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2014 :  12:25:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm going out to bid next month for 2 new buses. It's still in debates as to what size...84 passenger front-engine or 78 passenger conventional. Either way, it will have rear air ride suspension.

National driver seats are standard from our Blue Bird, IC and Thomas dealers. I specify the Bostrom Routemaster air seat because we just aren't pleased with the National product. My last purchase (84 passenger T3 FEs) had the single shock base and are prone to bottoming out.

Would the dual shock version be better? Any experience with the Lord Motion Master system? Or is there a better seat alltogether I need to look into?

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2014 :  12:51:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have two female drivers who have back problems and are also just over 5'.
To be able to reach the pedals they must have the seat down a bit, the seats bottom out. I bought two Bostrom Routemaster standard seats. They are both happy as can be. The front parabolic leaf springs seem to soften the ride enough that air seat aren't needed for some drivers.

My buses are conventional.

Edited by - second.flood on 11/12/2014 12:52:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

wrench slinger

38 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2014 :  04:24:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
from first hand experiance, you will regret the day you get a 84 passenger front engine bus, go with coventional
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4546 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2014 :  09:08:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My fleet is 100% front engine buses, several 84s. Not fun at all but we pack em full.
Go to Top of Page

C24U
Advanced Member

United States
220 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2014 :  05:53:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thomas uses only the dual-shock version of the National air seat. I think you now know why. The other may be cheaper, but......
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4546 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2014 :  07:08:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JAY!!! Glad to see you are still around!

I've been strongly considering having you guys bid even though I'm out of the area due to some...unexplained oddities...that I've found in my last two bids from another dealership.

The EFX is a far cry from those MVP-EFs I had down at MP.

Regards!

Pat
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000