Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Oil in CNG Fuel Heater
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

OxDiesel-Doc

25 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2014 :  10:13:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit OxDiesel-Doc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a John Deere 8.1 cng engine in a 2002 Blue Bird all american RE & upon disconnecting the fuel inlet line to the Fuel Heater there was a good amount of engine oil coming out. The Engine runs ok, once warm a stop engine light will flash and go away when I check for stored codes there arent any listed as active or inactive. The Coolant has no traces of oil in it. Any info would help. Thanks!

Crown

89 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2014 :  11:39:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's compressor oil, not engine oil, and it's coming in from the gas. The fuel heater causes the oil to drop out of the gas and accumulate there. There should be a coalescent filter after the fuel filling receptacle. You might take a look to make sure it is in good shape and drained. If not, it will let any oil that enters pass right on through. Some oil does anyway. If all looks good and you find oil in other buses, oily fuel receptacles, etc, whatever compressor you are filling from may be passing more oil than it should. Keep in mind though that no compressor system is truly "oil-less".
Go to Top of Page

OxDiesel-Doc

25 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2014 :  08:28:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit OxDiesel-Doc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately this bus doesnt have a filter after the fuel heater, but my other buses do, so I will check the others conditions.
Go to Top of Page

OxDiesel-Doc

25 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2014 :  08:17:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit OxDiesel-Doc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Update, I installed a low pressure fuel filter kit on that bus that was not equipped with one, and changed the high pressures, bus is running like a champ! I also contacted the Gas Company which supplies our fuel and they are checking the station out for oil blow by.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000