New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2014 :  08:57:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay fellas, I'm about to pull out what little hair I have left.

Braun Milennium NL919FIB-2 in a bus built in 08...

Started off as being unable to go down, would unfold and stop. Found the "Tower 1" microswitch had gone bad. I replaced both 1 and 2 since I had the module torn out and it was right there. Here the nightmare begins...

I've run the adjustment process about 15 times as in the manual. Its either too much or not enough, no matter what I do.

The lift either will not raise fully unless I push fold on the handheld or will try to fold up when holding down the up button.

If I get that resolved, I can't unfold fully unless I push the down switch on the handheld.

Something just isn't right with the adjustment. Bad/worn adjustment assembly? http://commerce1.cera.net/tacbusparts/sections/catalog/catalog.asp?cat_id=1375 second item down is the adjustment module I am refering to.

Any thoughts appreciated.

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2014 :  09:05:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Are you adjusting the microswitches on the tower, or the pressure on the pump?
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2014 :  09:09:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok, just read your post closer and looked at your link. My suggestion would be to adjust the microswitches on the tower as per the manual, but you may also need to adjust your pump pressure. Very simple procedure. If you don't have the literature on that, let me know and I will get it to you. This may help solve your dilemma. If all else fails, call Braun and ask them. I've called them numerous times, and they have always been able to walk me through my problem over the phone.
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2014 :  11:20:20 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You replace just the microswitches? or the complete switch assembly?

Personal experience with those is bite the bullet and buy the complete switch with aluminum block and adjuster(old #975-3121A or 37030KS is suppose to be the watertight version) ...seems with age and use the adjustments are hard to get right..if I just put new switch on old block..

New switch assy...I have never had an issue getting them adjusted first time....

Last 37030KS I purchased was around 65 dollars thru my IH dealer who sells Braun parts also

Edited by - slippert on 10/30/2014 11:31:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2014 :  3:17:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys. I tried pressure adjustments to no avail.

I wish I had just gotten the whole damn assembly, but the parts guys talked me into just the switches.

It does act like there's just too much slop in the adjusting mechanism to get it fine-tuned.

Is the water tight one worth it? The switch that was bad did have green fuzzy growing out of it.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2014 :  05:57:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just called and ordered 2 of the new style switch module assembly. Should have them Monday and will update this when I get them installed.
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2014 :  09:44:14 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think the new style is all that is availible, not completly sure on that, but was no difference in price(maybe a buck or two)for either switch assy from my dealer here, when I last ask... so I just purchase 37030KS now....

I think the water resistant would be a good thing , at least on my routes as we can have as many as 5 chairs at one time, so lift stays deployed for awile at times..
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2014 :  10:16:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
New switch assemblies came, I threw them on, ran the adjustments, and the bus is on the road again.

Thanks guys!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000