Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 slow air psi build up
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bandit

41 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2014 :  10:47:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit bandit's Homepage  Reply with Quote
looking for some help, I got a 1998 f/l with air brakes, air psi build up is very slow from 0 to 60 then builds up fine, I checked the steel braided line from comp to dryer and is not plugged, changed governor, kinda stuck any thoughts?

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
469 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2014 :  12:35:10 PM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Have you serviced your air drier in the last two years? The dessicant filter caqn get oil and water slugged.
Go to Top of Page

bandit

41 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2014 :  1:31:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit bandit's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ya I put in a new one 6 months ago
Go to Top of Page

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2014 :  2:45:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gear driven or belt driven?
Go to Top of Page

bandit

41 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2014 :  11:07:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit bandit's Homepage  Reply with Quote
gear drivern
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2014 :  12:16:17 PM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Bendix? Have you plumbed a manual gauge into tank(s) and verified your dash gauge is reading correctly

May be the unloader valves in your compressor are leaking til compressor builds some heat and seals up when pressure gets to 60 psi...? seems like it was $20 or less for a Bendix unloader kit... last time I got one...

Have you tried plumbing shop air into system and watching gauge operation? also if a valve is leaking at low pressure you might be able to hear it without engine running... I have seen/replaced threadle valves that leaked on class 8 trucks at low or no pressure.. then after air started building leak went away and worked fine when driving...just built air slow at first start up and couldn't hear leak with engine running...

Edited by - slippert on 10/21/2014 12:16:53 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000