Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Rust like substance in my T444E fuel filter
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ewitkin

4 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2014 :  5:17:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ewitkin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In working on T444E that has been giving me some power issues on the highway (above 45mph), I opened the fuel filter and found some rust like substance built up on the bottom of the container. Any ideas what this could be and how to mitigate its build up?

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2014 :  03:17:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Google "Algae in diesel fuel". That look like it?

I had a go-round with that crap a few years ago...it's not fun.
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2014 :  08:13:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I assume you are talking about the drop in fuel filter? Better also check the strainer in the small plastic bowl that takes an 1 1/8" box end to loosen. Make sure there is a screen inside of it.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

Ewitkin

4 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2014 :  09:08:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ewitkin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The screen is in the filter and was clean (it also had a little of this substance). What makes me think it is not "algae" is that it is grainy and hard, where most articles I am reading are saying the algae build ups are waxy or form as a lining. Is it possible for algae to be a dark maroon grainy substance?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000