New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bluebirdvision
Top Member

USA
1081 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2014 :  2:17:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I'm not delivering buses, I still moonlight as the dispatcher at my local transit company. Lately we've had a mysterious issue plaguing 2 of our 3 2006 Ford E450/Coach and Equipment buses (They're equip'd with the Powerstruggle 6.0L) Most of the time, they drive fine, everything works great, but out of the blue everything (gauges, radio, front heater fan... essentially anything to do with the chassis) will just shut off, and the DRIVERS dome light will come on, as if the door is opened. The engine will continue to run, and you can drive it normally, the turn signals even continue to work. And as quick as it comes, it goes back to normal. I've taken both buses to the garage multiple times, and they haven't figured it out yet.

I was just wondering if anyone has experienced this issue, and has any input.

Thanks

bluebirdvision
Top Member

USA
1081 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2014 :  2:19:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also, during one of my trips with one of these buses, I was stopped at a light and the bus actually kicked into HIGH IDLE (they have Intermodal or whatever high idle controllers) just thought I'd add that.

Facebook Page: Blue Bird Corporation Fans
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_212311114614&ap=1

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000