New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2014 :  07:18:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have this international ce bus dt 466 the nuts that hold the actuator for the turbo three fell out and one is on by a thread first i was wondering if anyone had this problem and second if this was u would u replace the actuator because it was jamming up because bolts where out it moves fine just worried if i put back together it will fail in a few months ???????

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2014 :  07:21:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Seems like it might be good insurance to just go ahead and replace it. I've never had this happen, so I'm not speaking from experience, just my opinion.
Go to Top of Page

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2014 :  10:47:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got 27 of these and I've never seen that. Let us know how you do...
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2014 :  12:04:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i desided to replace the actuator i have about 6 of them and this is a first i couldnt believe it when i saw it but the nuts on three where gone and it must have been that way for a while cause it wore the studs to almost nothing only one nut was on and when the actuator moved the hole actuator would move causing linkage to jam up driver never complained about performance i just had it in for general service and spotted it
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000