Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 vt365 low icp??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mbfromnc

13 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2014 :  06:54:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit mbfromnc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ive got a vt365 that will crank no start, but once or twice a day it will crank and run fine untill the motor is shut off. With the crank no start, my icp is around 3-400psi. When it cranks the pressures are within spec.

I do have a dtc 324 injector 3 code resetting. what does this code mean?

I have replaced the icp and ipr.

I have clean power to idm. Bus will crank with a fluid sprayed into the cleaner.

I am using maxxforce software, but we just got it yesterday so I am still trying to learn the program.

thank you for any advice or pointers

mbfromnc

13 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2014 :  07:07:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit mbfromnc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We also do not have proper tools to do a air test. Could I take the icp out and use a rubber tipped air nozzle to apply some pressure to check for leaks?
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2014 :  07:11:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
With your Maxxforce software, click on the "signals " tab and check the "ICP pressure" and "ICP desired" while cranking. The desired pressure and actual pressure should be pretty close to the same.
Go to Top of Page

namao

Canada
89 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2014 :  08:12:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit namao's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I use manuals from turbotraining.com . Very good for ic engine diag. The fittings for the 6.0 are either through otc or just a hydralic fitting store. Valve cover mounted icp is parker number mmfp121514r or [1/4 npt female x 12mm-1.5 o-ring] AS long as you can get at icp should be able to use this fitting . . The fitting for the engine with ipr at rear of engine [this is if a truck]is a otc number 303-766 , mmtfp081018 or [1/4 npt female x m8-1.0 ]. This one would have to remove the right valve cover and then screw in high pressure rail.
What ever is leaking is either under the valve covers,at the pump or the pump it self so either way it will have to come apart. You could pull Valve covers , then start or crank and may even see whats leaking if its at the injectors or rail. Other wise its air up, and a stethascope, we have one with a tube on it so we can go done in the valley if need be.
The ids scanner for fords works good to close the ipr while cranking or jack up pressure while running. No sure on the maxxforce software. I also have a pig tail set up for the ipr and use a square 9 volt battery to close the ipr while testing. Not suppose to give it full battery voltage. Good luck.
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2014 :  05:10:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Any update???
Go to Top of Page

earl1412

101 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2014 :  3:48:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mbfromnc

Ive got a vt365 that will crank no start, but once or twice a day it will crank and run fine untill the motor is shut off. With the crank no start, my icp is around 3-400psi. When it cranks the pressures are within spec.

I do have a dtc 324 injector 3 code resetting. what does this code mean?

I have replaced the icp and ipr.

I have clean power to idm. Bus will crank with a fluid sprayed into the cleaner.

I am using maxxforce software, but we just got it yesterday so I am still trying to learn the program.

thank you for any advice or pointers

Don't know about code, but just sent a unit to dealer as we have extended warranty on these engines, and just was told today that the front cover and high pressure oil pump need replacement due to gouges in each. This bus ran great, but when shut off would not start for a very long crank time.
Good luck!
earl
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2014 :  04:17:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Funny, we had the same issue on a MaxxForce DT. The IC dealer said it was a flaw in the manufacturing process, and replaced the front cover, only after replacing a whole bunch of other stuff.
Go to Top of Page

rpeterson14

6 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2014 :  09:06:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit rpeterson14's Homepage  Reply with Quote
good morning, i need help i have a dt 466 with transmission problem it has a allison trans it is a 2003 international it dies at a stop but starts right back up it don't happen all the time. What could it be. thank you for your inbut.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000