Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4546 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2014 :  07:18:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today's obscure and random question:

Remember the Blue Bird black oval paint scheme? I'm talking a black background that was behind the 7" backing, brake/tail and turn signals.

Looking to reproduce this and need advice. I'm thinking of creating a template of contact paper (or something), using some round object to create the radius of the edges (assuming a 7" light won't work).

Had anybody done this or have an idea?

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2014 :  09:17:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wonder if you could just use a vinyl decal?

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4546 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2014 :  09:24:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That thought did cross my mind, and I even went so far as to call the dealer to see if any existed already. They don't, naturally.

I measured a bus that was repainted a couple years ago and I think I can do it with masking tape and an razor blade, but dag gone that needs like a lot of work.

Only the guy I'm doing it for would think that a 2015 needs improvement!
Go to Top of Page

willism
Advanced Member

United States
250 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2014 :  09:29:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit willism's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Get a good drawing of it or good picture with measurements and a decal place can make them up pretty quick. Call nate at midwest transit hes got a good decal guy i get stuff from. There number is 8667259339
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2014 :  11:31:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If this is just for looks why not just mask it off and ask the owner if he likes it? You're not trying to be historically correct or anything. I'd estimate that the black goes about 1" to 1.5" above and below the 7" lights and then 1.5" to 2" right and left of brake lights. Just guessing of course.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4546 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2014 :  11:48:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
22.5" wide x 8.25" tall with bottom terminating under the rubrail. Looks like a small plastic bucket will be the perfect guide for cutting the radial edges.

Why am I doing this again?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000