Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Administrator

USA
1662 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2014 :  10:09:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,SBF forum members.

We are looking into making some forum upgrades and would like your input. What new features or capabilities would like to see added?

Thanks in advance for your feedback. You can also email us at info@schoolbusfleet.com.

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2014 :  11:45:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A "like" button would be nice. An easier way to attach photos would be nice too.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Crown

89 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2014 :  4:36:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Likes and votes for a particular post or thread are ok, but please don't have any overall member scoring system. That stuff is for kids. A lot of sites quit having that because a lot of numbers come from politics, laughs, or attacking people. This is a repair garage :-)
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2014 :  06:29:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Easier way to attach photos would definitely be nice.
Go to Top of Page

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
469 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2014 :  07:03:50 AM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Away to add photos and pdf files to share wiring diagrams ect.
Go to Top of Page

BJ Henderson
Advanced Member

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2014 :  10:27:35 PM  Show Profile  Send BJ Henderson an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It would help get a better reply if when someone posted, and then an answer to the problem or any technical info came up from someone else, we would be notified by email. Lots of guys use smart phones now and could be a lot better at contacting each other if done this way.

CMTT,CMAT,CMBT
Go to Top of Page

baptistbusman1

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2014 :  1:41:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have seen so many issues throughout the years that I would have loved to have showed my fellow mechanics. You know, a quick FYI----look at what I found out, better check your buses before it happens to you type thing.

But I am not spending 10 minutes to post it to a photo hosting site, then figure out how to post a picture.

It would make the forum 1000 times better, and I believe will bring in more posters with helpful posts if there was simply a button that would allow you to post pictures without having to be a tech genius.

I was formally Baptistbusman. However, I lost my password, and had not updated my email address.

Here is a link to my old posts. http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/forum/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=1846
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2014 :  05:20:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with BJ, it would be great to be able to get notifications.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

namao

Canada
89 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2014 :  07:02:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit namao's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You may want to look around at other sites to get some ideas, I use the IATN sit a lot for my shop. They have a forum area that is very easy to post pictures, if your respond you can respond to a specific question or person. That person gets a email direct from you if you respond to them[ you can respond privately as well]. In this way you have one question or topic but have different threads going. It would be like having difference conversations going on the same topic. Any one can look at or get into a thread. They also have it set up for posting, pictures, scan data , videos etc. fairly easy. I can do it off my iphone or any computer i can log into on the internet. If you go on the repair side you can post a problem ,emails go out to specific techs[ic techs would only receive ic questions, you click off what make of vehicle you work on],anyone can however look at the list of questions at any time to respond to any problem , then when you are done you can post what the repair was, everyone who responded then gets a email with what the outcome was [if they choose to]. All this info goes into a data base then and they have a search engine to search for problems. In this way you search your problem out first and there is a good chance some one else has had it before. Good luck withup grades.
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2014 :  08:21:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Agree with BJ
Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2014 :  10:27:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have a version optimized for Android/iPhone.
Go to Top of Page

BJ Henderson
Advanced Member

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2014 :  7:00:37 PM  Show Profile  Send BJ Henderson an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I agree with tigger2 and arron.

CMTT,CMAT,CMBT
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2014 :  05:51:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm wondering how this is coming along.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Administrator

USA
1662 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2014 :  08:00:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for asking. We are sharing the feedback with our web producer this week, and the web department will review options to accommodate these requests. I am not sure of a time frame yet on upgrades, but will keep you updated.
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2014 :  10:00:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

Thanks for asking. We are sharing the feedback with our web producer this week, and the web department will review options to accommodate these requests. I am not sure of a time frame yet on upgrades, but will keep you updated.

Thanks.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

08 Thomas EF
Top Member

533 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2014 :  9:33:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit 08 Thomas EF's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just curious if you're developing a new forum in-house, or going with another third-party option such as Simple Machines (my personal favorite), vBulletin, phpBB, etc.?

Here are some things on my wish list off the top of my head:

- Secure login (HTTPS)
- Buttons such as "edit" and "quote" spelled out around posts instead of confusing little pictures
- Unread Topics list, to show all the threads that have received new replies since I last viewed them (which includes new threads since I've never looked at). The "Active Topics" button on this forum sort of does this, but it often goes by "last visit" (meaning last time I logged in) and forgets what I've looked at if I don't sign in for several days/weeks. Having a button to jump to the first unread post within a topic is the icing on the cake, and to have a topic that I'm completely caught up on to not appear in the list.
- Private message between members
- Member join date. For some reason I'm fascinated by how long people have been on a forum.

Edited by - 08 Thomas EF on 10/10/2014 9:43:38 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000