General Interest
 Enter Forum: General Interest
 Atlantic Express in NJ - STA?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

WayneCustom

30 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2014 :  05:16:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit WayneCustom's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Who is operating the Atlantic Express fleet in NJ now? It appears the buses that they have on hand have been renumbered into the 800 series for big buses and the 3000 series for small buses and all have received new registrations.

I know STA acquired another NJ operation within the last year but the press release did not mention the town or operation. STA acquired two former AE systems in California and is operating them as School Wheels Direct. I also know that the 800 and 3000 series aren't currently being used by STA for any buses.

The last system I heard about from them was Safe Start, formerly in Jackson, but now operating out of STA Lakewood.

Edited by - WayneCustom on 08/01/2014 05:17:38 AM

WayneCustom

30 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2014 :  6:30:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit WayneCustom's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Got my answer today - apparently Montauk Transit of New York has moved some of its equipment into the old Atlantic Express facility in New Brunswick. I saw one of the Montauk buses today, a Collins mini bus, with Jersey plates.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000