Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 DT 466 question ???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DougBier

78 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2014 :  1:57:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have FE 300 with a DT 466 I think like a 2006 . I have an oil leak so I went under and found it .In front of the oil filter is a big piece that is cast into the engine . Looks like a big filter . Anyway I felt the top and there is a place for a wrench . What is this and is there any trick to changing it . I have no manuals here at work to tell me what to do . thanks

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2014 :  06:59:41 AM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sounds like the oil cooler but just a guess here.

"Hardybusman"
Go to Top of Page

got a min

31 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2014 :  12:27:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit got a min's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a centrifugal filter. If it is just remove the cap and pull the filter and o-ring out. Reverse procedure to install.
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2014 :  2:41:54 PM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Definetly a centrifuge filter....for the first few of the 2004 egr 466's IH thought they needed those on there....then did away with them I have 2-05 busses with them on ...then the rest up to 08 don't
Go to Top of Page

DougBier

78 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2014 :  9:29:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK what does it do ????
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2014 :  04:31:30 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I was told they were put on to remove the carbon and soot from the oil....then IH decided it was not needed and removed them....don't have to service every oil change according to IH, but I normally do...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000