Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 07 ic 365 low voltage
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mbfromnc

13 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2014 :  07:17:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit mbfromnc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ive got a rear emergency door light on dash, constant beep, no heaters ect. Im only getting 5V to the body selanoid and all other wires going to noise kill, radio ect.

Of course no wiring diagram to go buy. Can anybody please tell me where the power source comes from? Ive checked the grounds at the dash and in the side door. All good. only one connecter out of the 4 on the back of the circuit breaker board is supplying 12v, the other 3 are all around 5v. Ive check the resistors in the wiring harness, all fuses.

Every now and then everything will go to working untill you cycle the key

any help or input is much appreciated

Edited by - mbfromnc on 04/30/2014 07:21:58 AM

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2014 :  10:30:19 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The problems/symtoms you decribe sound just like when one of the solenoids is bad,,,or stuck/rusted, especially if it can change by cycling key on and off...

If you are sure you have just 5 volts coming to them and is not just a bad solenoid... then power feed for those comes off starter thru wires with fusable links, they should go to body builder stud on cowl directly above engine, which feeds thru body and dash to mega fuse and a stud(mounted on front of panel) on side electric panel where solenoids are located,

Wire feeding noise kill and master disconnect solenoids/relays comes from that stud in front of side electric panel...

One stud(center one) on that 40 fuse panel is fed from battery side of noise kill ,so by you saying you have one that is 12v and the rest 5...makes me think you have a solenoid issue rather than a power suppy issue...

All you can do is start back tracking wiring for green spots/corrosion or loose connections... if solenoids test good..hope this helps

Edited by - slippert on 04/30/2014 11:18:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

mbfromnc

13 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2014 :  06:27:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit mbfromnc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
mr slippert i owe you big. threw a new selanoid at it and shes back on the road. I thaught we had a supply voltage issue and completely tore the bus apart looking for a voltage drop. big learning lesson this week
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000