New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2014 :  1:18:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wanted to pass along something told to me by a bus inspector. It has come to peoples attention that the halogen warning lights that are red and manufactured by Weldon, CRS and others are fading out. Up close, they look pink when lit, but from a distance they appear amber when lit.

Motorists ticketed for running reds are claiming not guilty because it appeared the ambers were on, not the reds.

Today I stopped for two buses and I see exactly why they claim that. I'd recommend you check for this condition.

I'm lucky to only have a couple of buses affected, but its still money we don't really have to spend!

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2014 :  2:12:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have noticed that on a few of my buses, guess I'll have to get on it.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

1983ChevroletWayne

Canada
173 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2014 :  3:42:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This has happened to a lot of our IC's

Formerly "83ChevroletWayne"

Pic courtesy of: "schoolbusdriver.org"
Go to Top of Page

Thomasfan89
Top Member

USA
1155 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2014 :  4:51:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We started noticing this on our bought used 2008s (06 builds) early this year and decided to change all of them out. What was a real treat was the nice rotted housing behind the lights. So far the 2011s (2009 builds) and up are holding their color so far but time will tell unless Weldon improved the lenses somehow.
Go to Top of Page

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2014 :  08:19:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Agreed! There is one that stops along my street, and there are days where I could not figure out why the stop arm was out when the ambers were on. (This was from a distance.) Well, the ambers weren't on, they were faded reds!

Mike's Bus Yard - http://buses.zwebpages.com - Since 1999
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000