New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2014 :  2:31:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have a 2008 ce 365 bus with o start condition i have no power at waire on started long story short the ecm relay has no power the fuse i believe its f6 has nopower if i power it up bus starts does anyone no where thaat fuse gets its power from its the ecm fuse on firewall i believe its f6

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2014 :  7:37:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check the studded mega fuse on the firewall.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2014 :  03:59:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have power on both sides of that
Go to Top of Page

namao

Canada
89 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2014 :  07:18:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit namao's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am looking at the wiring diagram for the vt 365. The power to the ecm relay starts at battery with a 50 amp fuse [have changed a lot of these], then through a starter connector [3 pin connector ] then up to the ecm relay. Right at the relay it shows a 10 amp fuse near near the relay just after a y connector. The 50 amp fuse supply's both the idm and ecm relays, the ecm relay does have this has a 10 amp fuse just before on the diagram. Good luck.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2014 :  07:21:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok the ecm idm and egr seem to be all connected but its only powered with key on the fuses u listed i checked there good still no power to ecm relay fuse with key on but the idm is ok does it show anywhere that the three are connected
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2014 :  07:36:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok i see now the ecm relay sends power to the f6 fuse i have no power at to legs on the ecm relay are the fuses u talkin about in a harness of three fuses and the go right from there to ecm relay????
Go to Top of Page

namao

Canada
89 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2014 :  08:34:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit namao's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am not use to this form but i am on iatn a lot. Here is a link to a wiring diagram not sure if it will work or not http://www.scribd.com/doc/170736814/Diagrama-International-VT365

If not just goggle search [vt365 wiring diagram] then the 5th one down i think should be [diagrama international vt365] its a fairly good picture. From the diagram i have off isis [same diagram] power heads to the relays together, goes thought a connector called starter connector, then there is a y connector to go either idm relay or ecm relay. then there is a y just before each relay which spilts it up so power is supplied to two points at each relay. The ecm relay has a 10 amp fuse just past the last y to its relay , the idm relay has no fuses before the relay. On the diagram the relays are on the right lower side below where it says vehicle mounted components, the batterys are just to the left of the where it says vehicle mounted components.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2014 :  10:13:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok thanks so much i founf the ecm fuse wire behind battery box all corroided and rubbin on the strap holding it to a bracket hey i have a question do u have to pay for isis i use to get it for free now they are tryin to charge me 2000 a year
Go to Top of Page

namao

Canada
89 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2014 :  12:06:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit namao's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello here is a link to a fellow off iatn that does training and supplies repair manuals for international engines. They are very real world manuals , I use them a lot. As far as issi I have it on disc and bought it from our international dealer. here is a link to the turbo training site, he lists what he recommends for working on them and it also shows the issi discs. I know when i phoned they didnt know what i was talking about but they found them. I think they go on sale on ebay quit often as well. Here is the link if it does not work search [turbo training], the owners name is bruce amaacker. http://www.turbotraining.com/ndt.htm
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2014 :  12:33:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok thanks i didnt no they had a disc the ic dealer came to my shop loaded it on my pc and i logged in toisis that way interesting if everything is on a disc
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2014 :  12:43:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i see the dvd is 300 is all the wiring diagrams and engine torque spec etc on that dvd
Go to Top of Page

namao

Canada
89 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2014 :  3:03:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit namao's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My disc i am using is from 2010 i haven't got a new one, this one seems to work all right. The buses i am servicing are within that range. Yes the diagrams & repair info is there, not the easiest to navigate but its there. You can search by model, section as far as vehicles go. Then engines you can search them specificity. The only issue is it only goes back so far in years, you would have to check how far back the newest disc goes. Mine only goes back to the late 90, but for the 300 it worth it.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1323 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2014 :  4:43:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that sounds good my oldest bus is a 1999 so that should work thanks for all ur help and info will look into getting that dvd tomarrow
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000