New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jason952

United States
10 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2014 :  5:00:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 2001 chevy B7 chassis with a Bluebird body and a Cat 3126
What do I need to get to read the ABS codes?
Light is on intermittent
The local dealer could not read it
Took it to truck shop they say nothing wrong with it
Has hyd brakes

Edited by - Jason952 on 04/02/2014 5:19:33 PM

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2014 :  05:49:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can't get codes on that as far as I know. Check all grounds and check flow switch. This system is very sensitive to a ground problem. I have more than one that has intermittent problems with the light coming on. I have my drivers trained to switch the ignition switch off and then back on (don't even let the engine die) to reset the system. Many will last a week or more by doing this. Just thought, check the control box. It is under the dash right in the middle of the bus. Many times the windshield will leak in on the box and cause it to malfunction. You'll need to replace it if this happens. If you don't or can't fix the windshield leak you will need to put the the box in a plastic bag of some sort. lol, such is the old days of busing.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Cal Mc
Advanced Member

303 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2014 :  9:14:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cal Mc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The most common fault is the wheel speed sensors. The originals on the rear had a full ceramic body that is very brittle. They are a PITA to change due to the location(centered above the axle tube)
We always used to test the AC voltage at the sensor connector but were informed by the GM service dept. that a more accurate test also includes an ohm meter reading. I believe the range was 1700-2000 ohms.
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2014 :  09:34:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cal Mc

The most common fault is the wheel speed sensors. The originals on the rear had a full ceramic body that is very brittle. They are a PITA to change due to the location(centered above the axle tube)
We always used to test the AC voltage at the sensor connector but were informed by the GM service dept. that a more accurate test also includes an ohm meter reading. I believe the range was 1700-2000 ohms.

Ooops, forgot about that. I have that problem too just not too much. Most of the time you just shove them in and the light goes out.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000