Injector replacement
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dvorak

United States
95 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2014 :  12:29:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking for some advice. When replacing a bad injector on a DT466, do you replace only the bad ones or do you do the whole set? Last week I had one running rough. I found out that the #2 injector was the cause. I also had an inactive code for an open coil on injector #1. Both of these injectors were replaced. It ran great for 3 days and the #3 injector went out. Past practice here has been replacing the $385 injectors one at a time when they go out insteading of doing the whole set for $2300. Any thoughts and opinions would be much appreciated.

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2014 :  1:24:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just had a bus with bad injector o-rings. The 2001 DT466 bus had 8,000 plus hours. I plan to have the bus another 5 years minimum.
It received 6 brand new injectors.
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2014 :  2:00:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Replace all of them, it's the only way to go. I just replaced a set myself.
Go to Top of Page

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2014 :  5:08:49 PM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Not sure about a 466 but man it makes a difference on a 444 if you give them a fresh set of injectors. Almost like a new engine they run so good

"Hardybusman"
Go to Top of Page

Dvorak

United States
95 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2014 :  09:18:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the input guys.
Go to Top of Page

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2014 :  09:27:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've done one by itself if the budget is really tight, but will fight with the boss to do all 6. Same with glowplugs on engines that need them. You are in there, you already have stuff out of the way, and if one(or 2) failed, then the rest aren't gonna be far behind.

My vote is do them all.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000